Hello faithful readers. . . sorry it's been so long since I blogged. Work, home, family. . . everything has kept me unusually busy (although if you ask my husband he'll tell you I can't leave the Harry Potter book alone long enough to do anything ;-o)
So as the headline would indicate I am a Terrapin. No, not so much a turtle, but I have returned to college, good grief. After a long absence I have FINALLY decided to not only finish my associates degree (I need two classes for it) but also get my bachelor's degree. The University of Maryland offers a great on-line program for a bachelor's degree in Legal Studies, which my dear friend Debbie told me about. So thanks to Debbie, and my employer who is going to hopefully foot the tuition bill, I will be a college graduate.
Looking back on my experiences both with Penn State and Clarion University I have to say the best parts at each school were the classmates and the campuses. . . not so much about the courses. But I was young and not very interested in being there. Now I am older, much older, and wiser, I hope, and will not waste this second chance I have been given.
The craziest part is how much of a "nerd" I have been about this whole process. I cannot wait for classes to start, and I'm sure most students out there are dreading it. Funny how priorities and perspectives change, isn't it? I'm anxious to get started and I'm anxious to finish, and I'm anxious to see where all of this may lead. Maybe even a Master's Degree? O.k., let's not get too ahead of ourselves.
I'll keep you all posted on new collegiate experiences. Classes begin in January, so after that the blogging might get to be even less. I hope not, but one never knows for sure!
1 comment:
i completely understand...i love school and have been doing it for the majority of my life. i thought i would feel relieved with being done since i graduated from pharmacy school in june...but i miss it terribly, and i am looking for the next adventure. it's different when you participate in the collegiate world as an older person--you are wiser and appreciate it much more. plus, it will keep you young! good luck and i think what you are doing is great!
Post a Comment