The daily misadventures of "Captain Chaos" and "General Disarray" aka Jacob and Johnathan!
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Out of Afghanistan
Pardon the interruption in my thought process. I still need to do an Applefestivus recap, but in the meantime...THIS JUST IN...
My love is coming home from deployment. BEST.NEWS.EVER. Short of hearing he's home that is.
So if you see a service member today, thank them. If this time apart has taught me anything at all it is to value every moment. Every minute is a gift. I knew that on some level even before he left, but now it rings true on an even deeper level. I realize now that we lost nearly six months. Six months we can never recapture or "make up for" no matter how long we are together. The Summer of 2012 will always be the summer we were away from each other...the season when time and our lives stood still. We kept moving, and breathing, and pushing forward to do all the things we had to do, like our jobs, or care for our families, but we weren't really living. Even as I type this there is a part of me that is still holding my breath and won't truly relax until I can hold him in my arms and look into his eyes and say the things I need to say.
And I post this just to shout out to the universe that I am blessed. That we, as a couple, are infinitely blessed. And I am thankful and greatful for us and for our friends that have been such an incredible support team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
:) SO happy for you - looking forward to hearing "HE'S HOME!"
Post a Comment